SECOND ANNUAL “APPRECIATION DAY”
On Saturday, March 19, the Vintage Fire Museum will celebrate its anniversary by holding its second annual “Appreciation Day.” Honored this year will be the Clark & Floyd Counties Convention and Tourism Bureau. This Bureau continues to have a widespread, positive impact on our community. The Vintage Fire Museum is only one of the many tourist attractions that have benefited from its care and assistance.
The Museum will be open from 10 AM to 5 PM on the day of celebration. At both 10:30 AM and 2:00 PM a short program will be offered highlighting the contributions the Convention and Tourism Bureau has made to Southern Indiana. Our guest speaker will be Cindy Nevitt of Derby Dinner Playhouse. All visitors will receive a free gift and there will be door prizes. Food will be offered for sale.
The Vintage Fire Museum is located at 723 Spring Street in Jeffersonville, Indiana. Winter hours are Fridays 11-4, Saturdays 10-5, and by request. The museum is open five days a week during the summer. Admission is $6 for adults and $2 for children age three to fifteen; members and children under three are free. Discounts are offered to firefighters, senior citizens, and groups. The facility is available for birthday parties and other special events. For more information, visit our website at vintagefiremuseum.org, contact us on Facebook VINTAGE FIRE MUSEUM, or call 812-948-8711.
Vintage Fire Museum Partners with Safety Net
The Vintage Fire Museum has partnered with Safety NET to provide American Heart Association(AHA) First Aid/CPR/AED classes. For more information or to register please visit www.cprsafetynet.com
Looking for a great place for a birthday party or a reception?
The Vintage Fire Museum is now open for hosting such events. You can have a great event in an unusual, spectacular setting. Special tours and other features can be arranged. Call 812-282-4705 for more information or to make a reservation. See VFM Rental Policy
Jeffersonville Mainstreet Offers Community Activities
The Vintage Fire Museum is participating in several events hosted by the Jeffersonville Mainstreet organization. Please see the link for more events in the area.
New Attraction in the Louisville/Southern Indiana Area
A new attraction, the Vintage Fire Museum and Safety Education Center, has opened in downtown Jeffersonville, Indiana.
- This museum is nationally known; it features beautiful restored fire engines (hand pumpers, chemical engines, horse-drawn steamers, early motorized engines) and other equipment dating back to 1756!
- The exhibits are of interest to all ages – from the elderly down to small children -, for men and women, and for people from all walks of life. Gift store is available.
- There are no steps and everything including restrooms is handicapped accessible. Groups of up to sixty can be accommodated.
- Group discounts are available. Regular price for adults is $6 with a $1.00 discount for seniors 60 years old and over and for firefighters; with groups of twenty or more the price is $4. Regular price for children 3 to 15 is $2; with groups of twenty or more the price is $1.50. Children under 3 as well as drivers and escorts are free. Single payment for entire group is preferred.
- There is parking for buses; direct door access. Rest area for drivers.
- The museum is conveniently located near I-65 and just across the river from downtown Louisville.
- We are close both to Schimpff’s Confectionary/Museum and to Derby Dinner Playhouse.
- Visits normally take 30 minutes to an hour. Docents are happy to provide guided tours.
- The museum will accommodate groups by appointment at any time given advance notice. Regular winter hours are Friday 12-4 and Saturday 10-5; these will be expanded in the spring.
- Restaurants are close to the museum. In addition, box meals can be provided given notice of over 24 hours; they can be eaten on the premises
- More information is on the website: vintagefiremuseum.org.
- Contact Curtis or Pamela Peters, board chair and docent supervisor, at 812-282-4705 or 502-599-2522.
We are in the midst of major fundraising towards our campaign goal of 1.7 million. Grant proposals are being written and individuals, families, and businesses are being invited to make five year pledges. You can make a donation at this website or a pledge by contacting Curtis Peters at (502) 599-2522.