“VALENTINE’S DATE AT THE FIRE MUSEUM:
“Kindle the Flame””
Third annual “Kindle the Flame.” Enjoy a special date with your Valentine’s sweetheart at the Vintage Fire Museum, 723 Spring Street, Jeffersonville, IN. On Tuesday, February 14, couples will be given glasses of champagne for toasting each other, will be able to pose for a free photo taken on a vintage fire truck of their choice (including the famous 1937 flood fire truck), will receive a package of Schimpff’s heart-shaped candy for red hot lovers, and will have the opportunity to explore the museum, which will be softly lit for a romantic atmosphere. The hours for the event will be 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM. The cost is $ 20 per couple. Reservations, though not necessary, may be made at 812-282-4705 or 812-948-8711.
Save the Date
Appreciation Day – Mar. 11
Become a Member – Support the Museum
• 2017 individual and family memberships available. Their validity and benefits begin now.
• See the newest acquisition – a spectacular 1953 Seagrave!
• Visit the Museum with its spectacular displays of equipment dating back as far as 1756! Fun for the whole family!
For more information call 812-948-8711 (C. Peters). Call the museum at 812-282-4705 during the regular winter hours; Fridays 11-4 and Saturdays 10-5.
The Vintage Fire Museum is located at 723 Spring Street in Jeffersonville, Indiana. The facility is available for birthday parties and other special events. For more information, contact us on Facebook VINTAGE FIRE MUSEUM.
Looking for a great place for a birthday party or a reception?
The Vintage Fire Museum is now open for hosting such events. You can have a great event in an unusual, spectacular setting. Special tours and other features can be arranged. Call 812-282-4705 for more information or to make a reservation. See VFM Rental Policy
Jeffersonville Mainstreet Offers Community Activities
The Vintage Fire Museum is participating in several events hosted by the Jeffersonville Mainstreet organization. Please see the link for more events in the area.
New Attraction in the Louisville/Southern Indiana Area
A new attraction, the Vintage Fire Museum and Safety Education Center, has opened in downtown Jeffersonville, Indiana.
- This museum is nationally known; it features beautiful restored fire engines (hand pumpers, chemical engines, horse-drawn steamers, early motorized engines) and other equipment dating back to 1756!
- The exhibits are of interest to all ages – from the elderly down to small children -, for men and women, and for people from all walks of life. Gift store is available.
- There are no steps and everything including restrooms is handicapped accessible. Groups of up to sixty can be accommodated.
- Group discounts are available. Regular price for adults is $6 with a $1.00 discount for seniors 60 years old and over and for firefighters. Regular price for children 3 to 15 is $2. Children under 3 are free.
- There is parking for buses; direct door access. Rest area for drivers.
- The museum is conveniently located near I-65 and just across the river from downtown Louisville.
- We are close both to Schimpff’s Confectionary/Museum and to Derby Dinner Playhouse.
- Visits normally take 30 minutes to an hour. Docents are happy to provide guided tours.
- The museum will accommodate groups by appointment at any time given advance notice. Regular winter hours are Friday 12-4 and Saturday 10-5; these will be expanded in the spring.
- Restaurants are close to the museum. In addition, box meals can be provided given notice of over 24 hours; they can be eaten on the premises
- More information is on the website: vintagefiremuseum.org.
- Contact Curtis or Pamela Peters, board chair and docent supervisor, at 812-282-4705 or 502-599-2522.
We are in the midst of major fundraising towards our campaign goal of 1.7 million. Grant proposals are being written and individuals, families, and businesses are being invited to make five year pledges. You can make a donation at this website or a pledge by contacting Curtis Peters at (502) 599-2522.