Docent Training March 2nd
The Vintage Fire Museum and Safety Education Center, located at 723 Spring Street, Jeffersonville, IN, invites interested individuals and couples to serve as docents. Special training will take place on Sunday, March 2, 3:00-5:00 PM.
Docents serve as hosts and guides for this museum with its nationally-known collection of vintage fire equipment and its safety education program. Visitors are of all ages and backgrounds. The museum is currently open Fridays from 12 to 4, Saturdays from 10 to 5 and begining May 11th Sundays 1 to 4. Information about the museum may be found at www.vintagefiremuseum.org.
Docents may choose their own schedules. They are considered members of the staff and have special events.
Check us out on Facebook! VINTAGE FIRE MUSEUM
Vintage Fire Museum will Host Conference in 2014
The Vintage Fire Museum will host the Fire Museum Networks national conference in 2014. The conference will be held November 7, 8, 9, 10. Attendees can enjoy a stay at Clarion Hotel (812.283.4411) in Jeffersonville for $82.95 a night.
New Attraction in the Louisville/Southern Indiana Area
A new attraction, the Vintage Fire Museum and Safety Education Center, has opened in downtown Jeffersonville, Indiana.
- This museum is nationally known; it features beautiful restored fire engines (hand pumpers, chemical engines, horse-drawn steamers, early motorized engines) and other equipment dating back to 1756!
- The exhibits are of interest to all ages – from the elderly down to small children -, for men and women, and for people from all walks of life. Gift store is available.
- There are no steps and everything including restrooms is handicapped accessible. Groups of up to sixty can be accommodated.
- Group discounts are available. Regular price for adults is $5; with groups of twenty or more the price is $3. Regular price for children 3 to 15 is $2; with groups of twenty or more the price is $1.50. Children under 3 as well as drivers and escorts are free. Single payment for entire group is preferred.
- There is parking for buses; direct door access. Rest area for drivers.
- The museum is conveniently located near I-65 and just across the river from downtown Louisville.
- We are close both to Schimpff’s Confectionary/Museum and to Derby Dinner Playhouse.
- Visits normally take 30 minutes to an hour. Docents are happy to provide guided tours.
- The museum will accommodate groups by appointment at any time given advance notice. Regular winter hours are Friday 12-4 and Saturday 10-5; these will be expanded in the spring.
- Restaurants are close to the museum. In addition, box meals can be provided given notice of over 24 hours; they can be eaten on the premises
- More information is on the website: vintagefiremuseum.org.
- Contact Curtis or Pamela Peters, board chair and docent supervisor, at 812-948-8711 or 502-599-2522.
We are in the midst of major fundraising towards our campaign goal of 1.7 million. Grant proposals are being written and individuals, families, and businesses are being invited to make five year pledges. You can make a donation at this website or a pledge by contacting Curtis Peters at (502) 599-2522.