FIRST ANNUAL “APPRECIATION DAY”
On Saturday, March 21, the Vintage Fire Museum will celebrate its anniversary at the Jeffersonville, Indiana site by holding its first annual “Appreciation Day.” Honored this year will be the memory of Fred Conway, the founder of Discount Labels, historian, and vintage fire apparatus collector whose collection is featured in the Vintage Fire Museum.
The Museum will be open from 10 AM to 5 PM on the day of celebration. At 10:30 AM and again at 2:00 PM a short program will be offered highlighting the contributions Mr. Conway made and sharing his fascinating story. A book about his life will be given free to all attendees.
The Vintage Fire Museum is located at 723 Spring Street in Jeffersonville, Indiana. Hours are Fridays 12-4, Saturdays 10-5 and by appointment. Admission is $6 for adults with a $1.00 discount for seniors 60 years old and over and for firefighters and $2 for children age three to fifteen; members and children under three are free. Group discounts are offered. The facility is available for birthday parties and other special events. For more information, visit our website at vintagefiremuseum.org, contact us on Facebook, or call 812-948-8711.
Vintage Fire Museum Partners with Safety Net
The Vintage Fire Museum has partnerned with Safety NET to provide American Heart Association(AHA) First Aid/CPR/AED classes to be held on the second Wednesday of each month at the Vintage Fire Museum. Classes begin at 5:30pm and include admission to the Museum. Registration is required.
For more information or to register please visit www.cprsafetynet.com
Check us out on Facebook! VINTAGE FIRE MUSEUM
VINTAGE FIRE MUSEUM AND SAFETY EDUCATION CENTER
The Vintage Fire Museum and Safety Education Center, located at 723 Spring Street, Jeffersonville, IN, invites interested individuals and couples to serve as docents. Special training will take place on two Sundays, February 1 and March 1, 3:00-5:00 PM; a person need only attend one of those days.
Docents serve as hosts and guides for this museum with its nationally-known collection of vintage fire equipment. Visitors are of all ages and backgrounds. The museum is currently open Fridays from 12 to 4 and Saturdays from 10 to 5; the hours will expand in the summer. Information about the museum may be found at www.vintagefiremuseum.org.
Docents may choose their own schedules. They are considered members of the staff and are included in special events.
For further information or to register for a training session, please call 812-948-8711 or email email@example.com
Looking for a great place for a birthday party or a reception?
The Vintage Fire Museum is now open for hosting such events. You can have a great event in an unusual, spectacular setting. Special tours and other features can be arranged. Call Curt or Pam at 812-948-8711 for more information or to make a reservation. See VFM Rental Policy
Vintage Fire Museum New Hours
The museum is open Fridays 12-4 and Saturdays 10-5. It is also open by appointment by calling 812-948-8711. In coordination with Schimpff’s, the Museum welcomes groups of children and adults for tours and safety education. The Museum may also be rented for birthday parties and special events
New Attraction in the Louisville/Southern Indiana Area
A new attraction, the Vintage Fire Museum and Safety Education Center, has opened in downtown Jeffersonville, Indiana.
- This museum is nationally known; it features beautiful restored fire engines (hand pumpers, chemical engines, horse-drawn steamers, early motorized engines) and other equipment dating back to 1756!
- The exhibits are of interest to all ages – from the elderly down to small children -, for men and women, and for people from all walks of life. Gift store is available.
- There are no steps and everything including restrooms is handicapped accessible. Groups of up to sixty can be accommodated.
- Group discounts are available. Regular price for adults is $6 with a $1.00 discount for seniors 60 years old and over and for firefighters; with groups of twenty or more the price is $4. Regular price for children 3 to 15 is $2; with groups of twenty or more the price is $1.50. Children under 3 as well as drivers and escorts are free. Single payment for entire group is preferred.
- There is parking for buses; direct door access. Rest area for drivers.
- The museum is conveniently located near I-65 and just across the river from downtown Louisville.
- We are close both to Schimpff’s Confectionary/Museum and to Derby Dinner Playhouse.
- Visits normally take 30 minutes to an hour. Docents are happy to provide guided tours.
- The museum will accommodate groups by appointment at any time given advance notice. Regular winter hours are Friday 12-4 and Saturday 10-5; these will be expanded in the spring.
- Restaurants are close to the museum. In addition, box meals can be provided given notice of over 24 hours; they can be eaten on the premises
- More information is on the website: vintagefiremuseum.org.
- Contact Curtis or Pamela Peters, board chair and docent supervisor, at 812-948-8711 or 502-599-2522.
We are in the midst of major fundraising towards our campaign goal of 1.7 million. Grant proposals are being written and individuals, families, and businesses are being invited to make five year pledges. You can make a donation at this website or a pledge by contacting Curtis Peters at (502) 599-2522.