Big Four Bridge Special
The Vintage Fire Museum and Safety Education Center, 723 Spring Street, Jeffersonville, Indiana, announces that through the entire summer the museum is reducing the admission cost by $1 for every visitor who comes across the Big Four Bridge. The reduced admission is $4 for adults and $1 for children 3-15.
Check us out on Facebook! VINTAGE FIRE MUSEUM
Fire Museum Network Event
2014 SPAAMFAA National Convention Participants!
Click below for PDF
Vintage Fire Museum will Host Conference in 2014
The Vintage Fire Museum will host the Fire Museum Networks national conference in 2014. The conference will be held November 7, 8, 9, 10. Attendees can enjoy a stay at Clarion Hotel (812.283.4411) in Jeffersonville for $82.95 a night.
Vintage Fire Museum Elect New Officers
The VFM board members elected new officers effective in July. The Chair – Curt Peters, Vice Chair – Vic Megenity, Treasurer – Jim Keith and Secretary – Laura Renwick.
Vintage Fire Museum New Hours
The museum is open Fridays 12-4, Saturdays 10-5, and, beginning May 11, Sundays 1-4. It is also open by appointment by calling 812-948-8711. In coordination with Schimpff’s, the Museum welcomes groups of children and adults for tours and safety education. The Museum may also be rented for birthday parties and special events
New Attraction in the Louisville/Southern Indiana Area
A new attraction, the Vintage Fire Museum and Safety Education Center, has opened in downtown Jeffersonville, Indiana.
- This museum is nationally known; it features beautiful restored fire engines (hand pumpers, chemical engines, horse-drawn steamers, early motorized engines) and other equipment dating back to 1756!
- The exhibits are of interest to all ages – from the elderly down to small children -, for men and women, and for people from all walks of life. Gift store is available.
- There are no steps and everything including restrooms is handicapped accessible. Groups of up to sixty can be accommodated.
- Group discounts are available. Regular price for adults is $5; with groups of twenty or more the price is $3. Regular price for children 3 to 15 is $2; with groups of twenty or more the price is $1.50. Children under 3 as well as drivers and escorts are free. Single payment for entire group is preferred.
- There is parking for buses; direct door access. Rest area for drivers.
- The museum is conveniently located near I-65 and just across the river from downtown Louisville.
- We are close both to Schimpff’s Confectionary/Museum and to Derby Dinner Playhouse.
- Visits normally take 30 minutes to an hour. Docents are happy to provide guided tours.
- The museum will accommodate groups by appointment at any time given advance notice. Regular winter hours are Friday 12-4 and Saturday 10-5; these will be expanded in the spring.
- Restaurants are close to the museum. In addition, box meals can be provided given notice of over 24 hours; they can be eaten on the premises
- More information is on the website: vintagefiremuseum.org.
- Contact Curtis or Pamela Peters, board chair and docent supervisor, at 812-948-8711 or 502-599-2522.
We are in the midst of major fundraising towards our campaign goal of 1.7 million. Grant proposals are being written and individuals, families, and businesses are being invited to make five year pledges. You can make a donation at this website or a pledge by contacting Curtis Peters at (502) 599-2522.