“Fire Truck Returned to Firefighters” Please join us Saturday August 5th at 1:00 at the Vintage Fire Museum as we celebrate the return of the 1953 Seagrave Pumper firetruck to its original owner, the Jeffersonville Fire Department! Jeffersonville firefighters and their immediate family members will be admitted for free (spouses and children). Any retired firefighter who worked with the 1953 pumper is especially welcomed. Refreshments will be served, we look forward to seeing you! “Annual Events” VFM 9-11 Event September 9th Muster and Parade, September 23rd The Vintage Fire Museum is located at 723 Spring Street in Jeffersonville, Indiana. Summer hours are Tuesday-Fridays 11-4, Saturdays 10-5, and by request. Admission is $6 for adults and $2 for children age three to fifteen; members and children under three are free. Discounts are offered to firefighters, senior citizens, and groups. The facility is available for birthday parties and other special events. For more information, visit our website at vintagefiremuseum.org, contact us on Facebook, or call 812-948-8711. Become a Member - Support the Museum • 2017 individual and family memberships available. • See the newest acquisition – a 1953 Seagrave! • We have displays of equipment dating back to 1756! • It's fun for the whole family! For more information call the museum at 812-282-4705 during the regular summer hours; Tuesday-Fridays 11-4 and Saturdays 10-5. The Vintage Fire Museum is located at 723 Spring Street in Jeffersonville, Indiana. The facility is available for birthday parties and other special events. For more information, contact us on Facebook VINTAGE FIRE MUSEUM.
Looking for a great place for a birthday party or a reception? The Vintage Fire Museum is now open for hosting such events. You can have a great event in an unusual, spectacular setting. Special tours and other features can be arranged. Call 812-282-4705 for more information or to make a reservation. See VFM Rental Policy Jeffersonville Mainstreet Offers Community Activities The Vintage Fire Museum is participating in several events hosted by the Jeffersonville Mainstreet organization. Please see the link for more events in the area. New Attraction in the Louisville/Southern Indiana Area A new attraction, the Vintage Fire Museum and Safety Education Center, has opened in downtown Jeffersonville, Indiana.
- This museum is nationally known; it features beautiful restored fire engines (hand pumpers, chemical engines, horse-drawn steamers, early motorized engines) and other equipment dating back to 1756!
- The exhibits are of interest to all ages – from the elderly down to small children -, for men and women, and for people from all walks of life. Gift store is available.
- There are no steps and everything including restrooms is handicapped accessible. Groups of up to sixty can be accommodated.
- Group discounts are available. Regular price for adults is $6 with a $1.00 discount for seniors 60 years old and over and for firefighters. Regular price for children 3 to 15 is $2. Children under 3 are free.
- There is parking for buses; direct door access. Rest area for drivers.
- The museum is conveniently located near I-65 and just across the river from downtown Louisville.
- We are close both to Schimpff’s Confectionary/Museum and to Derby Dinner Playhouse.
- Visits normally take 30 minutes to an hour. Docents are happy to provide guided tours.
- The museum will accommodate groups by appointment at any time given advance notice. Regular winter hours are Friday 12-4 and Saturday 10-5; these will be expanded in the spring.
- Restaurants are close to the museum. In addition, box meals can be provided given notice of over 24 hours; they can be eaten on the premises
- More information is on the website: vintagefiremuseum.org.
- Contact Curtis or Pamela Peters, board chair and docent supervisor, at 812-282-4705 or 502-599-2522.